14 November 2009

Random stuff - or is it?

So, I'm sort of obsessed with the motion of fluids (including liquids and gasses), and the motion of objects in fluids. I could watch a rolling stream, or milk swirling in coffee, for hours.

This is a visual of how Einstein explained this apparently random motion, known as Brownian motion:






I found this on a physics site at the University of Virginia. If you don't think this is cool, then maybe I think you're boring, too. Nyah!

And don't nobody ask why I have time to hunt down stuff like this. Just. Don't. Ask.

1 comboxers:

Tammie said...

Curiosity leads to research leads to discovery leads to more curiosity, etc. etc. etc. which can all be a bit of distraction (in answer to why you have time to hunt down stuff like that) - although it was fun while it lasted! ;) Three times today I quoted my step-father (may he rest in peace): "If you learned something new, the day wasn't wasted" Four. Thanks for sharing!