19 August 2009

Because I read too much...

Amy accuses me of having read too much philosophy, and therefore of quoting unclear passages. I, after graciously setting aside the incalculable personal offense I take at such an indictment, and refraining from unleashing my armies of ultra-violent yet super-secret agents to erase all memory of her existence from the face of the earth, hereby deign to reply:

I do not read too much philosophy! Darn it!

However, not everybody has the unique combination of perspicacity and perspicuity that I have, so I acknowledge that some of those I cite (such as the eternally obfuscating G.K. Chesterton) write with less than perfect lucidity.

That said, I pledge to add my own expoundation on Mr. Chesterton's notions in the near future. Until then, I assure you that I understand him perfectly, which should be sufficient for you to place absolute faith in the veracity of his statements.

2 comboxers:

Amy said...

LOL!!

You use some big words. It's hard for me to understand. Could you please type slower?

Also, you should request that Larry King should change his name. It's very confusing for the rest of us.

Unknown said...

Hey! This is my real name. The guy on CNN's real name is Larry Ziegler. If anyone should change it, it should be him.

*grin*

However, it's my understanding that Br. Robert's grandfather was named Larry King as well. So I guess it is confusing. And Billie Jean King's husband was named Larry King, which is even more confusing... for several reasons.